I know, Christmas is definitely the hardest time of year to carve out time for solitude! My mom challenged me the other day to fast from Facebook and Pinterest (all of those little minutes add up to quite a chunk of time!) and spend that time with Jesus.
"Your life will be transformed in a month of doing that," she said confidently.
I believe that & am longing for transformation - for more of Jesus & a life that brings Him glory. So, I might not get to all the Christmas crafts I had planned - who cares?? The best gift I can give my family is to spend more time with God, because you can't help but become a better sister, daughter, friend, etc. when you spend time with Him.
Anyway, here's what I read that stood out to me and blessed me this morning ~
"He went up on the mountainside by Himself." Matthew 14:23
One of the blessings of the old time Sabbath day was the calmness, restfulness and hold peace that came from having a time of quiet solitude away from the world. There is a special strength that is born in solitude.
Strength is found not is busyness and noise, but in quietness.
The one things we need today more than anything else is to spend time alone with our Lord, sitting at His feet in the sacred privacy of His blessed presence. Oh, how we need to reclaim the lost art of meditation! Oh, how we need "the secret place" (Ps. 91:1) as part of our lifestyle! Oh, how we need the power that comes from waiting upon God!"

