pic above is of my sister, Katie, and her husband, Carter, getting distracted once again during a family photoshoot! ;)
It hasn't even been a week yet, and I've already been brought to tears over emails from singles, who are so encouraged to have a group like this. What's really surprised, though, me has been the feedback from married women (some I don't even know, but heard about this through a friend) - how they appreciate being included in this and how it's challenging / encouraging them with the way they view their husbands. I love that!
My heart is full to see how many women are devoted to setting aside this time on Monday nights to pray for or / and with other women for the sake of their marriages. I know how busy and full our lives can be, so it shows me just HOW MUCH you value this ministry of marriage!
Here are a few excerpts from emails that have especially blessed me this week:
"That's so awesome Jen! How God has blessed you with passion for this vision!"
"Know I'm praying with you girls! I already pray for all of us... but know that it is your trust in the Lord's promise to answered prayer that has inspired me time and time again over these years. Please count me in even if we don't live close to each other."
". . .thank you for including us married women!"
"I just got a chance to look at your blog: IT's BEAUTIFUL!!!! :)
It is going to be SO EXCITING to watch how God is going to work through you - and in you - with regards to marriage! Marriage certainly needs a champion - it might just be that The Lord knows that champion needs to come from singleness before He can lead her into oneness!
I'm so proud of you for stepping out and writing. I know it takes a tremendous effort. I know the midnight hours that quickly turn into wee-hours of the morning. I know that it must be done in solitude. I know your heart...and so does The Lord!!"
"There are so many ways to be excluded - whether or not you homeschool, if you're a "boy mom" or a "girl mom," if you're married or single. . .thanks for keeping the focus on what we have in common."
"You reminded me of how hard I prayed for my husband before we got married and I don't want to take that for granted. . ."
My personal favorite part of ALL of this is how our common goal of seeing God glorified in our marriages and future marriages is transcending our different seasons in life and backgrounds and all the other things that can potentially cause division / exclusion if we get bogged down with them.
I'm LOVING this journey with all of you already! Your encouragement for my vision, feedback on how I can make this site better and your enthusiasm has truly blessed me.
Blessings,
Jen
Eph. 3:20-21